Saturday 23 January 2010

An unfair question

Earlier on tonight a family friend was talking to me on skype and asked me a very difficult question. She has no womb from a hysterectomy she had after a car accident. She's 27 and has no children. She asked me whether after she got married in 3 years if I would carry her baby for her. I told her I'd think about it but it didn't take me long to realise that couldn't carry another womans baby after the struggles I've been through just to carry my own. I'm gonna tell her I can't do it. I know it sounds cruel to deny her a baby. But I know I'd never be able to hand over the baby to her. In a way ok selfish because when it comes to having children I'm looking after myself. No matter what your opinion is on me saying this. Asking an infertile to carry your baby is in my book unfair.


Cara x

1 comment:

Holly said...

wow that would be so hard. And I don't think you not wanting to do it is cruel or selfish. You just know what you can and can't handle in your life. Being infertile now herself I am sure she will understand.

you may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails